Sunday, February 9, 2014

the one with my first day in New York

Hey there everyone!
Good Morning from Manhattan!

If you're wondering: Yes, it's cold. Yes I'm freezing, and no, I don't ever want to leave.

For my first day in the City ever, yesterday was a long one.

We arrived at JFK at 5:30 a.m.
Which was like 3 a.m Los Angeles time and 4:30 Texas time.
We split a taxi to Carly's Aunt Randy's apartment in Manhattan, ate a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, and then proceeded to pass out for several hours.

We woke up in a New York State of Mind. (I don't even know if I'm comfortable with the cheesiness of that statement, but whatever.)

We got dressed, which was a process in itself. As a South Texas girl and honorary Californian, layers translates only to cakes, parfaits and onions ( if you got that Shrek reference, I love you).

So several leggings, t-shirts and socks later, we braved the cold for a few blocks, all the way to Mariellas, a pizza place.

Now, pizza has never been my food of choice. Carly and Nicole know that, but insisted I try some New York pizza, and I'm very glad I did. It was delicious, and also my breakfast.

Then we bee-lined right back to Aunt Randy's apartment to warm up before once again braving the cold, this time for something more important than pizza. Something so important that I was willing to not only walk in the cold, but stand still in the cold for several minutes:

We got coffee.

Then, we had a photoshoot, naturally. We shot a look down an adorable side street.

We then went back to Aunt Randy's to warm up before catching a cab to Lincoln Center.
Now, Aunt Randy lives on the East Side of Manhattan, and Lincoln Center is on the West Side, so we drove past Madison Ave., and through Central Park, and then arrived at the mecca of NYFW.

Naturally, we took many pictures.

After hanging around, people watching and sweet talking, we warmed up in a near by Starbucks.
Then, thanks to Nicole, were able to go to a super awesome lookbook event in the East Village hosted by Toni & Guy and Gypsy Warrior.

Then, it was time for dinner with Carly's sister Shaina, who lives in the city and her friends. Carly thought we should really get the New York feel and walk to the restaurant. So, we walked. For like 30 minutes.
I was SO NUMB. I couldn't feel my fingers. My toes. I forgot I even had ears. My face itself was so numb when I spoke, it felt as if I had several shots of novocaine. It was kinda hysterical.

When we finally arrived at the restaurant, a really awesome Italian place called Via Della Pace.
Wall to wall people it was loud and dark and warm and the food was incredible and I loved it.

Though we weren't tired at all, it was already late. We took a taxi back to Aunt Randy's and surveyed the contents of our awesome swag back front the #LookbookSalon, and edited pictures until 2 in the morning.

It was a long, amazing day.

So now, I bring you my New York Day One pictures! Enjoy!




 

























And now, obviously, what I wore!








shoes: zara // boyfriend jeans : gap // sweater: F21 // scarf : zara // beanie: zara kids // blazer: vintage

Thanks so much for scrolling! Hope you enjoyed!

More pictures to come, trust. 

Until next time,
-Hannahxx 

"There's something in the New York air that makes sleeping useless." -Simone De Beauvoir

No comments:

Post a Comment