Tuesday, March 24, 2015

the one where I say thank you


I was walking home from class the other day, stressed to the point of tears and exhausted to the point of having to remind myself to open my eyes after blinking.

These past few weeks have been crazy. With the realization that I’m finishing my first college degree- an Associate in Visual Communications- going back to Brownsville, and being blessed with so many amazing opportunities, it was as if life was crashing over me like a tidal wave.

And then I saw a young girl; she must have been about 7, riding through Grand Hope Park (which is right outside of the main FIDM building) on a scooter. She looked at me intently as I put on my sunglasses to cover up the tears welling in my eyes


And suddenly I remembered what life like at 7 years old. When I was seven I wasn’t worried about finals or presentations. I didn’t care about boys or finding a job to support myself in one of the biggest and most expensive cities in the world. I wasn’t responsible for buying myself groceries, or cleaning my bathroom or washing my sheets.

But then I realized how incredibly blessed I am. I am living in one of the biggest cities in the world. I've met so many amazing people in the almost two years that I've called Los Angeles my home. 

I've done so many things that I never even fathomed I'd be able to do.

 Like, sitting front row at NYFW? Or casually passing Glenn from The Walking Dead on Runyon Canyon. Or crashing a celebrities surprise birthday party on Cinco De Mayo. Or getting stopped at The Grove for a Japan Street Style magazine. Or ending up at a big house in the Hollywood Hills for an after party after seeing the Kardashians at a club on a Tuesday night. And then some. 

So thank you. 

Thank you for following everchic when it was LA Lady or Kick Up Your Heels. 
Thank you for liking my pictures on instagram and Facebook. 
Thank you for your love and encouragement and support. 


As of yesterday I'm officially an Alumni of The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. 

And as of this morning, as I shared on Facebook, Everchic hit over 10,000 views. 
I created this blog to chronicle my life as a FIDM student and beyond. 
So, from the first post I wrote while I should have been studying for my finals Senior year, to my last post which got me a lookbook.nu feature, 

This has been one hell of a ride. But the park isn't closed yet and I'm in line for another. 

So, to celebrate my degree, and as a thank you for the 10,000 views ( and to make some extra money if I'm being honest ) , I've opened my own Society6 shop.

For those of you who don't know what Society6 is, its basically a place where artists can upload and sell their art on mugs, pillows, t-shrits, phone cases etc. 

So, here's mine! It's all my handwriting, and I'm really excited to share it with you! So buy something! (kidding.) (but not really.) 



I'll be adding more designs soon! 

thanks again & lots of love!

See you soon Brownsville! 

xxHannah



"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies"









No comments:

Post a Comment