Thursday, March 19, 2015

the one on the roof (again)


So once upon a time, way back when, the first ever lookbook post I did, I did with two very good friends Carly Beth & Drew Scott, I did on the roof of my apartment building. you can see it here.
I look like such a babyyy! Well, I had just been 19 for a few days over a month when these were taken. So much has changed since then.

Anyways, yesterday, to take a break after working on our presentations, Carly & I shot a look where it all began, right back on the roof. I didn't realize it until just now when I sat down to write this, that the first look I ever did in Los Angeles was where I did my last.

Now don't freak out, it's not my last look ever, or even my last look in LA, but its my last look as a Visual Communications student, and my last look in this apartment, and my last look in LA for a stretch of time.

I'll explain what I mean in a sec, just scroll through these pictures:





button down & jeans : gap 
shoes: forever21
bag: zara
sunnies: polette 

As you can tell, I was feeling unusually preppy yesterday. I don't know. I also put on lipstick to go to Target. Finals do things to me. 
And, if you happen to go back and look at my previous roof pictures, you'll notice that it's a tad sunnier than these pictures are. 
It decided to start raining while we were up there, so thats cool, thanks LA. 

Also, go see Chappie I guess? hahahaha 

Okay, so here's what's going on.

A lot of people have been getting mixed up with how my school stuff is going, so here's what's up:

I started my degree in Visual Communications in July 2013. 

I finish my degree in Visual Communications on Monday. 

After Monday, I'll have my Associates Degree in Visual Communications from The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. 

THEN, this July, I will be returning to FIDM to get a second ( and separate ) degree in Social Media. Because classes transfer, as I will have had prior college experience, I will finish my AA in Social Media in 9 months, so, this time next year, I will finish my second degree at FIDM. 

SO, I will have two Associates degrees from FIDM, and at that point, if I so choose to continue my education, I will further my degree in Social Media to a Bachelors Degree, but as of now, that's still up in the air. 

boom.

So, after I finish school on Monday, I'm going back to Brownsville for a bit. A long bit, actually. 

I'll be home until mid-june, when I move into my new apartment and walk the stage to officially graduate with my AA from FIDM.

Did I mention the ceremony is at the Staples Center? 

Oh yeah, I graduate in the Staples Center. It's casual. 

Then, right after I graduate, I'm going back to my favorite place in the entire world. 

PARIS, FRANCE.

speaking of baby Hannah. (2011)


I'll be going with some of my best friends and staying in the City of Lights for three weeks and I couldn't be more stoked. 

Anyways, thank you all so much for your support through my journey out here in LA. You honestly don't know how much it means to me. 

But don't worry, my journey isn't over quite yet. 

More to come!

lots of love,
Hannahxx

"Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself" 


just a reminder: you can still use my code 'vivalahannahxoxo' on rocksbox.com for one month free! 















2 comments:

  1. Love love loveeee your blog so much. It's a pleasure reading every time and getting to see you grow a bit more every day from across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Love this casual chic outfit!

    http://martasfashiondiary.com/50-shades-of-me/

    ReplyDelete