Thursday, February 13, 2014

the one with the fifteen things

Hey there everyone!
I'm back in sunny California.
The weather greeted us yesterday with open arms, 75 degrees and sunny!

But that was the only good thing about yesterday. Math midterm, spilt coffee and an alarm at 5:45 and class until 8:45 all made sleeping in this morning absolute bliss.

But now I'm up, I would like to share with you the

'Things I've Learned During my Weekend in New York City"

1. Cross walks are merely suggestions. Traffic laws? That's cute. Jay-walking? Go for it.

2. People are nice. I've come across more rude people in Los Angeles than I did in NYC.

3. Layers. Layers are your friends. Until you have to pee / go inside anywhere with central heating.

4. Cabs aren't nearly as expensive as I thought they were going to be.

5. When it's 24 degrees outside and the weather app says it 'feels like 10 degrees', no one cares that your nose is red and running, because there's is too.

6. Sometimes, your fingers freezing off for a really great picture is worth it.

7. Be bffs with the head security guard working the doors at NYFW.

8. Be bffs with Carly cause she can talk her way into anywhere. Including New York Fashion Week.

9. Pizza for breakfast is totally okay. Right Nicole?

10. Black ice is a pain in the ass. Literally.

11. The most random cafes are the best.

13. When the icy wind is blowing in your face- you're not just cold. You're numb.

14. The bathrooms at the Met Opera are great.

15. Defrosting is more painful than freezing.





I had the most amazing time. This past weekend was perfection in every way.

I'd like to thank Carly's Aunt Randy & Uncle Andy for opening their home to us.

My my mom & dad for sending me on this amazing trip.

I'd like to thank Security Guard Dave for letting us through that door.

Mr. Perelman for assigning that library sketching project first quarter that led to Carly and I becoming best friends.

Until next time, New York City!
(We'll be back this September for NYFW SS15, God willing)

I won't be posting this next week because Carly and I will be preparing for a new segment we entitled, "A Week in the Life"

We'll shoot our day to day activities, from Drafting homework, class, ect. And obviously, what we're wearing.

Hope you enjoyed my fifteen things!

-Hannahxx

“It couldn't have happened anywhere but in little old New York.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment